On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 15:49 +0100, Raz wrote:
> Are you trying to turn, for example

> into

> ?

Let's say that I have an original string like:

This is regular text <span class="text">with some text inside a
span</span>

Let's say I want to trim it to 25 chars.

"Brainless trimming" would give me something like

"This is regular text <sp"

Wich would completelly mess the design.

However, if I finish the tag, the following text will be formatted by
the <span class="text"> tag, thus messing the design also.

It also happened to trim &nbsp; to half, having the same effect.

I want to find a smart way to do this trimming in order not to have any
side effects.