On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 10:21 -0500, Chuck Carson wrote:
> Is anyone here using php 5.0.4 on Solaris 9 and compiled with Oracle
> 10g support and using apache 2.0.54? I have looked at every 10 times
> over. I have built php with oracle support probably 100 times on 5
> different platforms and never had as many issues as I have had so far
> with this system.
>
> After finally getting php to build with everything I needed, I am
> getting seg faults when accessing a php page that connects to the
> oracle database. (but it doesn't happen _every_ time, it is
> inconsistent)
>
> I'm at a loss and must move to tomcat/jsp/servlets if I can't get a
> stable platform up this week. =(
>
> Thx
> CC

Do you have CLI compiled?

I had some issues developing a module myself, and found out that
enabling the module in CLI and calling a dummy file to test the
functions I just created helped me getting an insight about what was
wrong.

Install gdb, then do:

gdb php
(and inside gdb)
run -q file_with_oracle_functions.php

It will segfault. Do a backtrace. There you might have a good idea on
what's going wrong :)

Good luck!