Jeremy Privett wrote:
I'm looking for a method that would be able to extract the user's true document root (e.g. /home/jeremy/public_html/) so that I can use it for some filesystem scanning functions. I'm trying to avoid hard-coding supported document roots in favor of being able to dynamically detect it, but nothing is coming to mind. I thought I would consult some of the minds of the mailing list for advice. Any ideas or code would be greatly appreciated.

You can try with __FILE__

<quote from="http://php.net/manual/en/language.constants.predefined.php";>
The full path and filename of the file. If used inside an include, the name of the included file is returned. Since PHP 4.0.2, __FILE__ always contains an absolute path whereas in older versions it contained relative path under some circumstances.
</quote>

and then use 'dirname()'
http://php.net/manual/en/function.dirname.php

Ciao!
Silvio

--
tradeOver | http://www.tradeover.net
...ready to become the King of the World?