Hi barry and thanks for your response !

Your solution seems to be restrictive for me and for my application clients because in such situation, they will be obligated to have a config file in which they must define all the network drive names and to update it whenever a new drive is mapped. i prefer to wait to be sure that there is no php/javascript solution before considering another solution.

Ibrahima TALL

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <php-general@lists.php.net>
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 2:00 PM
Subject: [PHP] Re: How to get a network drive name

Ibrahima TALL wrote:
Hi everybody !

I would need a help in php or a portable javascript solution (for several browsers).

My problem is : i have no solution about how to get a network drive name.
For exemple, getting COMMON in COMMON(X:).

The only solution i saw was using activeX controls with javascript but the problem is that this controls are only compatible with IE. I'm working with php under XP. Sorry for my bad english, i hope i was clear however, any suggests are welcome, thanks !

Ibrahima
<Theory>
Get the network names from shell (command line).
Output it into file / variable wherever and search for pattern.
</theory>

Barry
--
Smileys rule (cX.x)C --o(^_^o)
Dance for me! ^(^_^)o (o^_^)o o(^_^)^ o(^_^o)