Grae Wolfe - PHP wrote:
Hey there... I am setting up a new test server for one of my clients to use, and I am curious if there is a reason to go with php4.xx over php5.xx, or the other way around. I would think that I would want to go with the newest one, but my client requested that 4.xx be installed. I don't know if he is worried that his code won't be compatible, or if he just doesn't know that there is a php5.xx available.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!!

As others have commmented, should definitely use php5 if he can. Almost all php4 code will run as expected on php5 (but not the the other way around) and the benefits of php5 are many.

Cheers,

Brad Kowalczyk
www.ibiscode.com