> It appears that you never applied for a certificate before, or applied
> for certs from CAs that don't verify information.  Identification is
> extremerly important when it comes to knowing whether or not to trust
> the given public key.

Repeating your point doesn't make it more valid. I'm not trying to
humilate you, but Richard discredited what you said, by saying that
99% of visitors don't check who the cert is issued by anyway.

> I am not trying to humiliate you, but you may want to study about
> cryptography and its use for the internet.  I operate my own
> web/e-mail server (and have been doing so for some time), and so, I know
> how important it is to make sure a trustworthy CA signs a public key.

You know how important it is to *YOU* how important a trustworthy CA
is. You don't seem to know how important it is to anyone else. Granted
people *should* ( if they're worried about their encrypted information
falling into the wrong hands ) check who certs are issued by, but
personally I don't care enough about my webmail password to sift
through my pre-installed CA list, and determine which CA's I do, or do
not trust.

> I operate my own web/e-mail server
No offense, but so what? Do you think that makes you different from
most people here, many of whom administrate web, email, database, dns,
etc? You're on a technical list, and people who admin servers are the
norm rather than the exeception. I'm sorry if that seems a bit blunt,
but I thought the last reply was a bit arrogant.