chris smith wrote:
On 2/25/06, Mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Does anyone know if its possible or how difficult it would be to have a user send an email from outlook express to a websites mysql database and update
records.

You could write a script to parse the email and do the update. It
would come in on 'stdin'.
Essentially how I do it for customers that want to update content on their website and how I add messages from a few mailing lists (Klarinet, Doublereed, Clair) I run into a database so they can be browsed and later indexed by swish-e.

I use qmail & add aliases; "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" executes backup "page" and parse email/update "page", "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" restores to the previous page. Similar thing for the lists - sanitize "From:" address, insert into database with From, Date, Subject, Body.

Mark C.
Woodwind.Org, Inc.