tedd wrote:
Pat:

I would suggest changing to:

http://.../chkout.php?imagename=NATURE-1.jpg&count=6&continue=Continue+Checkout,

$newqty = $_GET['count'];
$imagename = $_GET['imagename'];

Also, to see what you are actually "getting" try:

echo ("<br/>");
echo ("<pre>");
echo ("GET info:\n");
print_r($_GET);
echo("</pre>");

You might also want to consider taking care of undefined variables -- here's a reference:

http://www.weberdev.com/get_example-3823.html

HTH's

tedd

Ok, this works for one item, but my shopping cart may have (hopefully) dozens of items in it. How do I refer to each new quantity changes for each new row in the table? I was hoping that by making the qty field a name of the image, I would be able to match the new qty up with the right image quickly, but that won't work, obviously.

How can I change multiple items in a list (or all) when the list is dynamically created? My approach may be wrong -- suggestions?

Pat:

You can add numerous items to the url. I don't remember the total number of characters that's allowed, but it's considerable.

if your running Apache the default max length of the url is 8K - this can be
upped
but you have to recompile Apache. the HTTP spec itself doesn't stipulate a limit
to the length... in general though anything over 512 bytes  (outside of
CMS tools) is discouraged...

If you reach the limit, but might consider reducing the number of characters in your variables, such as: "NATURE-1.jpg" could be n1 where you had a look-up table or you knew what the cryptic code was to make the transformation.

Or you could continue on a course like you were with n1=6 where you know that n1 stands for "NATURE-1.jpg" and the value contained therein is the value for that image.

There's lot's of ways to do this.

As for it being dynamically created, that shouldn't present a problem either -- just treat the url as a string and add ampersands (&) between "variables and their value" pairs.

HTH's

tedd