On 10/16/06, Chrome <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
*edit* sorry I didn't think and just hit reply on this instead of reply
all... sorry Richard */edit*

[snip]
.*? is kinda silly -- .* mean "0 or more characters", and ? means "maybe"
but putting them together has no added value, so lose the ?
[/snip]

I could be wrong (and under the considerable knowledge of Richard I
certainly feel it :) ) but doesn't the ? after a quantifier signify that
preceding pattern is to be taken as ungreedy?

Yes, this is correct. ? after * means means  ungreedy in this paticular match.

Curt.