I second that. My company has an IP address on the mainland which is
our internet gateway, but on the azorean islands the time zone is
different.

On 11/3/06, Edward Kay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hmm... in $_SERVER array you get a client IP so You know client coutry. if
> exists a list of ip numbers and coutries should be exists list
> coutries and
> timezones too, so it should be easy. Eventually you may create
> short list of
> this countries what will be visitors from (or only biggest coutries).

The IP address isn't very reliable though. Many global corporations only
have a couple of external gateways through which all traffic goes. A user in
the UK could very well have their visable IP address located in the US.

Edward