On 29/11/06, Travis Doherty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Tom Chubb wrote:

> On 28/11/06, Dave Goodchild <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all. I am building a web app and as part of it advertisers can upload
>> their ad image and website URL to go with their ad. Is there a good
>> way to
>> detect whether that site is a porn site via php?
>>
>> --
>> http://www.web-buddha.co.uk
>>

> I remember seeing something that used GD to detect colours similar to
> flesh within an image and thinking it was funny that someone had taken
> so much time to to it, but I can't remember where it was.
> I think it was on phpclasses.org but can't find it. Maybe someone else
> remembers it?

And more recently a commercial vendor is performing something along the
lines of 'curve recognition' to the same effect.  That's fine for any
vector graphics (banner ads might fall here.)  False positives will be
high with beach photos from family vacation, for example.

Cubist Porn - very big in certain 'artistic' circles.

-robin