On 1/15/07, Beauford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm familiar with the .htaccess file and I am told by the hosting company
that apache is set up to use it, I've just never used it much - especially
for PHP. If this works I'd even like to set an includes file for PHP. Here
is the file.

# -FrontPage-

Ouch.

IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*

Honestly this is jibber jabberish, it is protection for them not you,
and a reason why i dont supply hosting.

<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Limit>
AuthName www.site.com
AuthUserFile /home/user/public_html/dir/file.pwd
AuthGroupFile /home/user/public_html/dir/file.grp

As far as i can gather this is what they told you the apache config is
for your domain, probably a typical response from the question you
asked.

php_value magic_quotes_gpc 0

Aha, check this value by making a phpinfo() page, php.net/phpinfo

compare global vs local, local means that is what really is being used.

HTH,
Curt.