On 29/03/07, Rahul Sitaram Johari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ave,

I have a script where I have to provide a Download Link to a file associated
with a record. The common thing between the record & filename is the phone
number. But the filenames have dates & other symbols besides the phone
number as well. They all do begin with a phone number though.

How can I match a filename with a record using wildcards?
For example, let¹s say someone pulls up a record for phone field: 515515515
The files associated with this record could be 515515515031307 or
5155155150325T(2).

So you can see the filenames do begin the phone number in the record, but
they contain additional chars. What I need is something that can pull up all
515515515*.ext

Can I do this in PHP?

yeah, you use glob()

http://www.php.net/glob

<?php
foreach (glob("${phone}*.ext") as $filename) {
   //...
}
?>