On Tuesday 17 April 2007 01:58, Richard Lynch wrote:
> On Fri, April 13, 2007 8:02 pm, Børge Holen wrote:
> > Before mr lynch starts beating up those already dead and probably long
> > since
> > burried horses...
> >
> > Images in a database!
>
> Feh.
>
> Read the archives.
>
> > See I was just wondering, and that at times leads to late nights
> > I used to read the images from two different files; one watermarked
> > the image
> > and one let it throught without any hazzle.
> > Of course this kind of script was easy enought to get around the
> > watermarking,
> > witch I fixed with the http referer witch as follows IE don't send. I
> > don't
> > particulary like ppl who use IE (ups did I upset someone?) ;D.
>
> Using referer for anything other than logging it for "analysis" later
> is probably your first mistake...

Maby so, but it did work with everything but IE ;D.
I seem to have a must try to different approches.

> > However I  started compressing my scripts and putting them inside one
> > file.
> > And the status is so far:
> >
> > * Query for the image object.
> > * Query for copyright check in case of watermarking. If no
> > watermarking skip
> > to echo
> > * Read the object.
> > * put object in a file outside webroot like /tmp.
> > * read both the watermark and object
> > * merge
> > * echo
> >
> > Is it possible to skip one query and still be able to read ownership
> > from a
> > table and at the same time stream the object, witch lead me to the
> > next
> > question, I can't seem to be able to make imageCreateFromJPEG handle
> > the
> > direct stream, nor that I fetch it in an array, is any of this
> > possible?
>
> imageCreateFromString should work on your un-watermarked image from
> the DB.

Yeah, perfectly

> When you need the watermark, you can load the watermark from whatever
> source you like (file with imagecreatefromjpeg or DB with
> imagecreatefromstring)
>
> You can then merge the two images (original and watermark overlay) in
> RAM with imagecopymerge calls, or perhaps playing with an alpha blend
> with imagealphablending first.

already fixed with an transparent gif.

> Creating that tmp file and writing/reading to it is probably a pretty
> serious performance bottleneck that should be addressed for any kind
> of heavy traffic or large images.

So I noticed, I'm also thinkering with a filsystem (using /tmp) as cache for
the merged images. Not really useful since cuz of the few users, but then
again, why not try.

--
---
Børge