1) You'll be better off using templates, AFAIK.

2) PHP has classes to generate PDF's without the need of extensions.
(http://www.fpdf.org/)

On 4/18/07, Jonathan Kahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,

Can PHP be used to generate an excel file that A) Contains Macros B) Allows
Graphics to be attached C) where cells can contain borders as well as cells
being merged. I know there is some PHP excel functionality so i am assume
basics like underlines, italics and i am hoping vertical alignments can be
done.

If the answer is no, then can a template that has all of these be opened and
read using php where all that needs to be done is simply place in certain
cells whatever values it is that I want to place.

Lastly, do only newer versions of PHP contain excel/pdf functionality?

I am in a bit of a time crunch so I apologize if this is not considered PHP
stuff or if I could have found my answer easily online. I could not find
this discussed in any other posts. Thanks in advance for any help you can
give.

Kind Regards
Jonathan Kahan

Systems Developer
Estrin Technologies, inc.
1375 Broadway, 3rd Floor, New York, NY, 10018