Hi Fellows,

I'm getting this warning on my website:

Warning: Unknown: Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect
which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session
extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless
register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this
warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to
off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0

I don't really understand, how it comes to that error. In the php.ini is
written, that this error occours when i register a session in a global
scope. What does it mean exactly?

Another thing is, that I'm often loosing the session, while surfing the
website using ajax functionality in the background. I started to send
the session id with the request all the time, but it seems, that some
of the request are made, without showing an IP Adress in the sessions
table, of my installation.

I'm actually not using cookies, but the error does not occour in mozilla
firefox on a windows plattform, its only occouring under linux using
firefox. Internet Explorer isnt tested well enough yet, to come to an
conclusion.

Maybe someone is working with ajax, alot, so you might have experience
with it too.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards,

Sascha