You can cheat...

If you have MySQL running on that server, write the results to a DB (so that lost emails/files/scores can be recovered) and then do a data pull from it at the end, making the file a csv file.

Or, just make your file a csv file and email it out... There are a number of classes out there that will do this for you given DB connection/table information.

But I prefer the DB record when talking grades and such, but to each their own.

Wolf

Nathan Wallis wrote:
Hi guys and girls,

I have question for you all.
I have developed a flash application which is a test for students.  For each
test their is an accompanying excel spreadsheet that has information related
to each question they have answered and whether they got it right or wrong.
I am receiving whether the student got the question right or wrong in PHP
from FLASH.  That part is complete.  The other part I have complete is PHP
emailing the teacher with an attached excel spreadsheet renamed to the
studentsname_results.xls....the last part I want to complete is that of the
students results being inputted into the correct column in the spreadsheet
and then being attached to the email.

I am guessing I would be best to not attach a physical file that resides on
the server but build the data up inside PHP to resemble the file format I am
trying to generate and attach that to my email.
Two questions.

Can someone tell me the best format to be sending (i.e. the format that has
the best support for PHP)  and also is this method dependent on the web
server being windows or linux based.  I am no expert but from what I can
gather I take it that COM object support is really just for windows based
web servers.

Thanks and all the best,

Nathan