On 21/06/07, Richard Davey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I've written a short regexp which will *count* how many capital letters
are in a given string (the woefully simple: '/[A-Z]/')

Although it's an English language web site, I'm curious how you'd
count capital letters that span beyond just the standard A-Z.

For example characters such as the Latin capital letter S with Acute.
I'm not interested in covering all possible character sets, but I
don't want to piss-off any Europeans who may register on the site and
want to use one of "their own" capital letters.

Anyone approached this before?

It'd probably be a good start to use [[:upper:]] rather than [A-Z].
There's also \p{Lu} if you use utf-8 mode which matches utf-8
characters with the uppercase letter property.

-robin