On Sun, August 26, 2007 3:03 pm, Beauford wrote:

> I tried putting LoadModule php5_module /usr/local/apache/libphp5.so in
> my
> http.conf, but it doesn't exist.

>    Example 2-2. Installation Instructions (Static Module Installation
> for
>    Apache) for PHP

I think "static module installation" means you've compiled PHP *in* to
Apache, and it's not a libphp5.so file -- It's just part of httpd
binary.

> 8.  make
> 9.  make install

This step should tell you if it's copying libphp5.so into the Apache dir.

> 10. cd ../apache_1.3.x
>
> 11. ./configure --prefix=/www
> --activate-module=src/modules/php5/libphp5.a
>     (The above line is correct! Yes, we know libphp5.a does not exist
> at
> this
>     stage. It isn't supposed to. It will be created.)

Yup, this is where you are compiling php INTO the httpd binary.

If you want to end up with a libphp5.so, you have to follow the
instructions that involve apxs and not the "Static" instructions.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?