On 1/9/08, Liam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
mike wrote:
that is a horrible method.
Thanks for the nice positive, refreshing and most helpful response.

read the sentence below it.

in my opinion i would say "redesign it properly."
Well what the hell do you suggest I do???  The script is MEANT to be
used this way, as it has an admin panel inside etc.

provide more details. like what is the .cgi? perl? or is it PHP as
well for some reason?

Oh, by the way, nice grammar.

i gave you an opinion and my personal experience trying to support the
same method you're attempting here. i did not only reply to say "don't
do it"

i assume the .cgi is in perl, and you're trying to call this in PHP?

if it is all PHP, you can define a variable and just call the include
without having to deal with a query string. probably not the case.

if not, then pre-generate the navigation items in a flatfile and call
that in using include(). otherwise you can waste a web request each
time back to your webserver to execute the CGI with the proper
environment and parameters.

i could give a rip about capitalization here, and the grammar being
used is good enough to be understood. either way, you'll skip past the
meat of the message anyway and look for other things to reply about.

The cgi script IS perl. Oh, RE: the sentence below it: I'm running apache, and it DOESN'T work. The reason I am trying to call it in php is to include it on a webpage. So, tell me, how am I supposed to pre-generate the contents in a flatfile (whatever that is)? Or if I can't do that, then what I am supposed to do?