2008/5/13 Stut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On 13 May 2008, at 09:04, Peter Ford wrote:
>
> > I think the onus is on the coders of Urchin to document how to avoid
> errors when Javascript is disabled, not the site developer who uses it.
> >

>  Just to repeat a point I made yesterday which was clearly either
> misunderstood or ignored... Urchin *will not* cause Javascript errors if
> Javascript is disabled. Odd though it may seem, it's actually not possible
> to write Javascript code that will cause Javascript errors if Javascript is
> disabled.
>
>  If you choose to use an addon that disables some Javascript but not all of
> it you need to be willing to live with the errors that may cause.

While I completely agree with everything you say there, I do think there is a
point to the other side side of the argument as well; It *is* sloppy
practice to
assume that some resource has already been initialised without checking,
especially when you're relying on a third-party script.

This is a pretty trivial case, but it is a really good habit to get into.

-robin