From: Tomaz Kovacic [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 19 June 2001 12:36
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] SetCookie weirdness

Hi!

Last night I've found some interesting cookie behavior. I was testing
some script on my local server, so I used short version of domain (
http://www ) to reach local webserver. My script stopped working, so I
started to investigate a little bit what's goin on..

I've managed to get my script working only when i user SetCookie command
with only 3 parameters:

SetCookie ("mycookie", $cookie, time()+1200);

My usual form of setting cookie is with all 6 arguments like:
SetCookie("mycookie", $cookie, time()+1200, "/", ".domain.com", 0);

But if I use longer form if domain: www.local (same as
www.somedomaing.com) my longer form of  setting cookie started to work
again.

Weird.