From: Miri [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 1:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Sessions: auto appending session id to URLs

I have developed shopping carts and session related Web sites for my
employer where we have control over the php environment. On our servers, we
do not enable the 'trans-sid' option. I'm now trying to set up a session
related site for a friend of mine on a Web host of her choosing. On this
host, php was compiled with "enable-trans-sid." It means that on the first
page of the site one visits, you get a horrid looking variable name
screaming at you in all caps appended to every URL. I'm used to giving my
session a much more friendly looking name and then manually appending that
to each url. Right now that means that urls on the first page have this
very lovely format:
http://mydomain.com/new.php?sid=496312b318b435c21e1e13016f7e8262&PHPSESSID=4
96312b318b435c21e1e13016f7e8262
The session info is there twice. Once you reload the page or go to another
page, the auto appended stuff (&PHPSESSID=496312b318b435c21e1e13016f7e8262)
goes away.

Is there a way to stop this from happening when trans-sid has been enabled
via the compile?

Thanks for any help,
beth
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://miriland.com/                  http://www.stigma.com