At 3:17 PM -0300 7/24/08, Thiago H. Pojda wrote:
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 3:14 PM, mike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 On 7/24/08, Thiago H. Pojda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 sadly, I still go and reformat other coworker's code anyway, heh. Yeah, I'm
 > -that bad-

That's why I looked for a tool like that months ago. Big project from
someone else, do you feel like reformatting hundreds of files with hundreds
(thousands?) of lines manually?

I do it all the time. In fact, I enjoy doing it (no I don't want to do it for anyone else).

What I find interesting/entertaining is reducing the amount of code down to what's actually necessary and then reorganizing the code to make routines more optimum and generic. Most of the stuff I review is reduced considerably.

In short, it's a great way for me to both learn and build my own library. When clients don't have me pounding keys for their service, I enjoy reviewing, rewriting code and creating demos.

However, I would never use a Code beautifier because as I go through the code, the only code that get beautified is the code that I approve. When I see code formatted differently than mine, then I know it's suspect and I need to review it.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------