On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 06:41, george wrote:
>   My back is aganist the wall with this one, I have to create a timer .
>
>  What happens is  admin will enter a time say 2 hours in the future
> this time will be stored in a db as a time stamp
> then the current time and the timestamp from the db are subtracted from
> one another and the result is shown as hours minutes and seconds.
>   but I cant get it to work at all
> any suggestions would be great
>

> TIA
>  George

This might be the direction you want?

<?php
$now = time();  //Get current timestamp
$then = mktime(0,0,0,7,12,2001);
$diff = $then - $now;
$ary = getdate($diff);
while(list($key, $val) = each($ary)){
echo "$key ==> $val<BR>";
}
?>

Outputs

seconds ==> 46
minutes ==> 16
hours ==> 19
mday ==> 20
wday ==> 2
mon ==> 1
year ==> 1970
yday ==> 19
weekday ==> Tuesday
month ==> January
0 ==> 1676806

--
David Robley      Techno-JoaT, Web Maintainer, Mail List Admin, etc
CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES      Flinders University, SOUTH AUSTRALIA

   "I prefer unlined gloves," Tom deferred.