Chris Anderson pressed the little lettered thingies in this order...

> I am about to write a new admin system for a website I do and it will have
> many different logins. I was wondering overall which most of you thought
> would be better for such a thing? Wants really a pro about sessions over
> cookies?

PHP sessions actually are cookies in most cases, but will revert to
sending an ID tag in the URL if the user has cookies disabled (the ID
tag does not need to be programmed into the URL, the PHP engine
inserts it automatically).

Use sessions. Period.

If you design your own cookie solution, it won't work for people who have
disabled cookies.  If you design your own "ID tag in the URL" system,
you will have A LOT of extra typing to get the ID tag in every URL. If you
design one that works for both, you've wasted a lot of time.

If you use PHP's sessions, you let PHP do the work for you.

Check out:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php

Christopher Ostmo
a.k.a. [EMAIL PROTECTED]