Greetings!

"Thies C. Arntzen" wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 09:32:31PM +0300, Rouvas Stathis wrote:
> > This has happened with other applications that I have experimented with.
> > The "lingering connections" problem is with us at least since PHP.3.0.12
> > (which the first version of PHP I tried).
> > That's why I say that PHP/Ora with *persistent* connection do not play
> > well with each other.
>     i'm the author of this module and more than willing to help.
>     i do tests using the ab tool and have never found any
>     irregularities in the plogon mode. if you can show me how to
>     reproduce this i'm (mostly) sure i can fix it!

  I had the same problem some time ago on TWO different machines running
their
own Oracle database and the same PHP application.
  The problem makes me to always restart Apache so the open connections
would die.
  The application was doing both a normal and a persistent connection on
two
different database tablespaces (differents users). One was always using
OciPLogon
and the other, OCILogon.
  The strange thing was that both connections were hold by Oracle as an
open
connection so I supposed that the OCIPLogon was holding the other
connection, even
if it was a normal one (non-persistent).
  One machine had to be restarted to hardware upgrade and after that it
didn't
show the problem anymore...and the PHP application was still THE SAME!
  Then I had two machines, with the same configuration (OS, DB Version,
PHP App.)
but one had this connection problems, and the other was just fine.
  Some time ago we decided to shut down the Oracle Server on the 'buggy
machine'
and start it again. The PHP application was still the same. No more
problems.
  I could not say exactly what was going on but this is how it worked
for me.
  I saw some 'bug reports' on Oracle, saying that some kind of changes
on database
layout, running together with a PHP application could cause Oracle to
hold
PHP db persistent connections.

Hope this helps,
--
Lucas Persona                            ICQ #17635618
[EMAIL PROTECTED]