Hello,

Just in case anyones got any ideas.

I've been testing an application for a few weeks on a test server without
any problems.
After releasing it onto the live server, which is - according to the
administrator - setup exactly the same as the test server I've been running
into problems.

Apparently the database seems to be disconnecting randomly see log file
extract below.

I already had a application on the live server which has been working
perfectly for a year or so.  Now the new application is live it is having
the same problem as well.

The test version of the already live application is also on the same test
server and both databases on live and test are setup exactly the same way.

My administrator tells me that we have a license for unlimited connections
to the database etc..

My setup us
OCI8 Revision 1.96
Oracle Version 8.1
Apache Apache/1.3.11
Redhat Linux 6.2
php 4.0.2
I'm also using phplib 7.2c to manage authentication/sessions and database
access.
**** addition I have modified the phplib db class so that it does not use
peristant connections.

I would be very grateful if anyone has got any suggestions

Regards,

-Stewart

PHP Warning:  failed to rollback outstanding transactions!: ORA-01012: not
logged on
 in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  failed to rollback outstanding transactions!: ORA-01012: not
logged on
 in /usr/local/apache/phplib/auth.inc on line 0
PHP Warning:  failed to rollback outstanding transactions!: ORA-24324:
service handle not initialized
 in /usr/local/apache/phplib/auth.inc on line 0
PHP Warning:  failed to rollback outstanding transactions!: ORA-24324:
service handle not initialized
 in /usr/local/apache/phplib/auth.inc on line 0
PHP Warning:  failed to rollback outstanding transactions!: ORA-01012: not
logged on
 in /usr/local/apache/phplib/auth.inc on line 0
PHP Warning:  failed to rollback outstanding transactions!: ORA-24324:
service handle not initialized
 in /usr/local/apache/phplib/auth.inc on line 0
PHP Warning:  failed to rollback outstanding transactions!: ORA-24324:
service handle not initialized
 in /usr/local/apache/phplib/auth.inc on line 0
PHP Warning:  failed to rollback outstanding transactions!: ORA-01012: not
logged on
 in /usr/local/apache/phplib/session.inc on line 0