On Jan 13, 2010, at 10:07 AM, Kenneth Sande wrote:

Ashley Sheridan wrote:
On Wed, 2010-01-13 at 09:25 -0500, Rahul S. Johari wrote:

Ave,

This is what I'm trying to do; I want to read a directory (eg: W: \Test \) and take all the filenames found in the directory (eg: 1.vox, 2.wav, 3.txt) and store them in a simple mySQL table.

Can I do this?

---
Rahul Sitaram Johari
Founder, Internet Architects Group, Inc.

[Email] sleepwal...@rahulsjohari.com
[Web]   http://www.rahulsjohari.com

You'll probably want to look at the readdir() function. The manual page also has dozens of different example scripts that would be easy to tweak
for your purpose.

http://php.net/manual/en/function.readdir.php

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

I use the glob function in my little homemade "web cam" page, which can really swell up in memory when used against a large amount of files (in my case around 30k files).
=====
$imgdir = 'img/south*';
$files = glob( $imgdir );

// Sort files by modified time, latest to earliest
// Use SORT_ASC in place of SORT_DESC for earliest to latest
array_multisort( array_map( 'filemtime', $files ), SORT_NUMERIC, SORT_DESC, $files );
=====
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.glob.php
DISCLAIMER: I found this code on a how-to somewhere out there and modified it to fit my need. Quite possibly there are much better means to this end.

Ken Sande/KC8QNI

Considering that I have over 80K files in the folder, would this be a faster/efficient then the readdir() method? Or should I stick to what I'm doing (other email)?

---