Bob,

Perhaps use odbc_field_name or even odbc_specialcolumns with
odbc_fetch_into?
I do agree that mysql_fetch_array is quite useful.

Dan - what do you think?

Best regards,
Andrew Hill
Director of Technology Evangelism
OpenLink Software  http://www.openlinksw.com
Universal Data Access & Data Integration Technology Providers