On Sun, 15 Jul 2001 16:10, Justin French wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a client who wishes to publish some catalogues to CD Rom.  Of
> course they can't be placed onto a CD using PHP code (because it would
> require the CD user to have PHP installed!!), but PHP/MySQL is
> definately the best way to build the content, since the same data is
> being used for online content as well.
>
> So I guess my question is, what;s the best way to creat a static site
> from dynamic content.  If it was a small site, i'd just access every
> page, view the source, copy it, and save to file, but the catalogues
> may get up over 1000 pages!!
>
> It also occurs to me that this would be helpfull in building dynamic
> sites monthly, but publishing a static site to the web, which would
> have better luck with search engines, and maybe even with server load /
> caching.
>

> I could make a script which builds / wrote HTML files to disc, no
> problem, but if the pages already exist dynamically, I thought there
> might be a way to write the HTML source (same as sent to the browser)
> to a HTML file....
>

> Thanks
>
> Justin French

Scratching around in my multiple mailbox folders, I found these mesages
on the topic. Hopefully there is some still useful info there.

##############

Re: [PHP] PHP site to CDRom
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 10:57:53 -0700
From: "Robert V. Zwink" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Andrea Resmini" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

There was a message posted today for a script viewer that is probably what
you guys are looking for.  It can be found here:
http://www.angorasoftware.com/scriptviewer.html

This windows application is designed to show a parsed script file without
the need of a web server. This may be useful for CD-ROM distribution,
Stand-Alone materials, and other uses. The application starts the php
executable with a file parameter, showing the result in a HTML format.

Hope this helps.

Robert V. Zwink

Re: [PHP] PHP site to CDRom