Hi,
I tried to execute the following command from the web interface using a
system call
/usr/bin/play a_wave_file.wav

I tried exec, system, passthru, and shell_exec. None of them worked, that is
I didn't hear any sound played. Note that I'm sitting here on the server
itself, and tried it with a web browser in the server. The command is
executed fine when I just copy it and run it in terminal. I also made sure
that nothing blocked the sound card, that is, the sound card was not in use.

However, if I tried to run the same file using php as command line, it works
find.

exec, system, passthru returns the value 2, which I don't know what it means.

Any help on this will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reuben D. Budiardja