Richard

Thanks for this email.  I have done that and used flush(); on the next page.
It does seem to be taking a long time and I was wondering if people use
other methods.  For example, one of the scripts I have seen can use either
"mail", "sendmail", or "smtp" as options.  I was wondering if going direct
to sendmail would be a better approach?  The idea is that this database will
expand to quite a few thousand in the near future and I want to know that
we'll be able to handle it :)  The problem is that I "cleverly" added the
feature that each email has a salutation which personalized to the persons
name!

Thanks for the help

Ade