On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 10:58, Colin Guthrie <gm...@colin.guthr.ie> wrote:

> Nice. I still stick spaces in my <br /> tags due to the parsing error in
> IE(somethingold) but I'm pretty sure that was pre-IE6 and thus something
> I really don't care about now!
>
> That said, I'm not sure I'd really want it to optimise all my HTML
> pages. CSS, JS and images yes, no problem, but the storage overhead of
> the disk cache all the dynamic pages is probably not worth it for me.
> But that's presumably just one of the things it can do.

    Yeah, you can choose which things to allow it to do via the
configuration directives as well.

> The build process looks very ugly.... And it's strange their build page
> seems to suggest GCC 4.2 but CentOS 5.5 only has GCC 4.1 so I'm a bit
> puzzled as to why it's one of their recommended systems :s
>
> I'll take the build process for a spin at some point, but they really do
> need to make it more streamlined.

    Agreed.  It's a bit convoluted, to be sure.  In their discussions,
they've admitted the same, but it's a very young project.  One with a
lot of potential, but a very young project nonetheless.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Dedicated Servers, Cloud and Cloud Hybrid Solutions, VPS, Hosting