Hi,

I'm building a website for a client in which I need to compare their
products, side-by-side, but only include criteria for which all selected
products have a value for that criteria.

In my database (MySQL), I have a tables named "products","criteria" and
"criteria_values"

If I have something like

$selected_product = array("1"=>"Product 1","2"=>"Product 2"...)  //  All
products selected for comparison by the user

I need to get only rows from "criteria" where there is a row in
"criteria_values" matching "criteria.criteria_id" for each $selected_product
- in other words, if any of the $selected_product does not have a row in
"criteria_values" that matches "criteria.criteria_id", that criteria would
not be returned.  I hope that makes sense.

I've played around with a few join queries, but none have given the desired
results.  Best I've been able to come up with so far is to query "criteria"
for each DISTINCT(criteria_id) and then run through each $selected_product
to make sure each has a criteria_value with a matching criteria_id,
eliminating any criteria where the number of criteria_values <
count($selected_product), but this seems pretty inefficient.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ben Miller