On Dec 28, 2010, at 2:11 PM, Joshua Kehn wrote:

Specifically:

Dotan Cohen wrote:
I seem to have an issue with users who copy-paste their usernames and
passwords coping and pasting leading and trailing space characters.

Users should not be copy-pasting passwords or usernames. Do not compromise a system to cater to bad [stupid, ignorant, you pick] users. If this is an issue then educate the users.

I'm sorry, but this is just bloody stupid. I keep my usernames and randomly generated, very long passwords in a password keeper. If you're not going to let me copy paste them into a web page, i'm just not going to ever use your application. Copy/pasting is something that happens on the *local* machine -- it never goes out to the net. By forcing people to type in their user names and passwords you are going to cause them to enter easily-remembered, and typically easily- crackable combinations. What is the possible logic for disallowing someone to paste in their usernames/passwords???