Hi again,

Just a long shot: since password() encrypts the password that's passed
through it, how did the original password get in to db anyway? Was it
encrypted too? Cause if the password in the db is plain text and the user
submits a plain text in a form called $password, the password() function
WILL encrypt the form input and there will be no matches.

try removing the password() function in the sql query and substitute it for
$password only. If there is a match, then we know we need to put in the db
an INSERT statement with password()..

@lvin