That's going to depend on what you mean by a "library":

If you want to write some functions in PHP and make them available to
other scripts, then it's just a matter of placing that file somewhere in
your include_path and calling it into your other scripts with include(),
require(), auto_prepend_file, etc.  You can find some information in the
manual on defining functions in PHP at
http://php.net/manual/en/functions.php

If you want to actually extend the capabilities of PHP by adding new
functions to the language, you'll want to start by reading
README.EXT_SKEL in the directory where PHP is installed.  That should, I
think, give you most of the information you need to get started.

---
Mark Roedel ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) | "There cannot be a crisis next week.
Systems Programmer / WebMaster |  My schedule is already full."
     LeTourneau University     |                   -- Henry Kissinger