From: Jennifer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 5:55 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] How to add a new color to JPEG

I didn't get this from reading the manual, but I struggled with this
problem for days and finally gave up.  I posted to some other forums
when this one was done and found no answers.

Now, I know it isn't just me and I know what the problem is, but I still
don't know a solution.

I am creating an image on the fly and I have no problem if I am just
using a background color and adding text to it or if I use
ImageCreateFromPNG, but if I use ImageCreateFromJPEG and try to add text
on top of that or even a rectangle or anything on top, it seems to
ignore the color that I specify and always came out grey. (Of course now
if I use ImageColorClosest(), some colors work because they are in my
image.)

It doesn't matter what I output it as, only what I read it in as.

And if I read it in as a png, the image quality is horrible which I also
don't understand. It seems to have drastically reduced the number of
colors used.

My phphinfo says GD version 1.6.2 or higher I'm using PHP Version
4.0.1pl2

Here is my test page.
http://216.122.251.174/test/test.php

Here is the source for the graphic