foreach ($array as $key=>$element)
{       if (your_condition) echo("{$array2[$key]} $element");
}

this is a general solution, but in your case why do you need to use the
array with lastname as the element, why not just test the keys of the first
name array, i.e.
foreach ($array2 as $key=>$element)
{       if (your_condition) echo("$key $element");
}

... and why do you have the 2 arrays in the first place?

        Tim Ward
        Senior Systems Engineer

Please refer to the following disclaimer in respect of this message:
http://www.stivesdirect.com/e-mail-disclaimer.html