On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 16:41, Andre Polykanine <an...@oire.org> wrote:

>      For sure. But I'm asking: why it doesn't return 0 if it is not an array?
> Logically: no array - no items!

    No, actually, if it's a string, it's a single item --- thus, 1.
The documentation should probably reflect that as well.  It wasn't
always this way before, though --- in older version of PHP5 it
returned 0, and in all versions of PHP4 it did as well.

    Also, keep in mind that a blank string still constitutes a string
and will return 1, but null or nonexistent variables will still return
0.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Dedicated Servers, Cloud and Cloud Hybrid Solutions, VPS, Hosting