On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Daniel P. Brown
<daniel.br...@parasane.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 11:30, Larry <lrr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello, when I pass a variable whose value originally came from $_GET
>> or $_REQUEST to fwrite, fwrite behaves as if it was passed an empty
>> string. Note that the file is successfully opened and written to by
>> the script, but the variable that originally came from $_GET does not
>> have its value interpolated in the text file, even though it does get
>> interpolated in the echo().
>>
>> ---- Code ----
>> <?
>> $meh = $_GET["q"];
>> $writeline = ":" . $meh . ":" . strlen($meh) . PHP_EOL;
>> echo ( $writeline );
>>
>> $fp = fopen("/tmp/wtf.log","w+");
>> fwrite($fp, $writeline );
>> fclose($fp);
>>
>> var_dump($writeline);
>> ?>
>
>    Are you sure it's not a permissions-based issue, perhaps when
> writing as the normal user, then the user as which the web server
> runs, et cetera?  What happens if you completely remove /tmp/wtf.log
> and re-run your script with the appended query string?

I have removed the wtf.log file between runs, just did it once more.
Same thing happens. A new file is created, and the contents are "::0"

So I'm sure its not a permissions issue ( However I'm also sure that
this shouldn't be happening so... ) Thanks.