Hello Ashley,

Saturday, May 12, 2012, 9:15:23 AM, you wrote:

>      Can someone point me at examples or directions on how I can pass a
> variable via a URL in the following way:

>      http://server.domain.com//script///variable/

>      I will only be passing one single /variable/.  And I want the
> /script/ to use that.

>      I don't want to see what the script is, for example I don't want it
> to say 'script.php' or 'script.html' ...

>      Is this possible through PHP only, or do I have to write a rewrite
> directive in Apache to accomplish this?

You can add this to apache conf:

<FilesMatch "^phpscript$">
        ForceType application/x-httpd-php
</FilesMatch>

Then make a file called phpscript without extension and drop it in the
web root.

<?php
$info = explode('/', $_SERVER['PATH_INFO']);

Then your url would look like:

http://server.domain.com/phpscript/variable1/variable2

--
Best regards,