On 08/29/2012 10:28 AM, admin wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Matijn Woudt [mailto:tijn...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:55 PM
To: admin
Cc: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PHP] PHP to XLS Security Alert issue

I believe that's normal, and that it does that with any document downloaded
from the web.
I'm not sure if there's a workaround, but you should not ask that here but on a
Microsoft Office forum/list, or just ask the question to Microsoft themselves.

- Matijn

Matijn,
        I understand YOU believe this is normal.
I am sorry you feel that way because the construction of the document is
exactly where the problem was resolved, and that is in PHP.
So asking in the PHP-List was the exact the place to post a question of
document construction using PHP. Yes understanding the document verification
methods of Microsoft helps but it is up to the DEVELOPER to put the correct
headers and content strings to make the document valid and that is what I was
asked.

Q: I am exporting to a XLS file and the file does export, but when I open the
file Microsoft is giving a Excel Security Notice. I am sure there is something
in the header that is missing or causing this problem?

If I create a file using MS Excel, I get this message if I screw up some data in one of the fields. If it has a formula in one of the cells that it doesn't like, then it complains. May want to check that as well.

--
Jim Lucas

http://www.cmsws.com/
http://www.cmsws.com/examples/