Buffering is the more comftable way because if you write all html to a
variable, output that might be created in a function, you did not modify
will not be included.

Non critical errors that create an output (notice/warning) will not ve
included as well.

Another way would be to create a script which makes a http request to the
output script and saves the response to the file

Daniel