Grant in php.general (Sun, 1 Sep 2013 02:13:54 -0700):
>> I've tried php-5.5.2 and 5.5.3 but both segfault with piwik unless the
>> opcache is disabled.  Someone filed a piwik bug but was told it's a
>> php bug:
>>
>> http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/4093
>
>Is this a known issue?

I changed the PHP on my (dev) Centos5 server to PHP 5.5.3, pulled the
latest OPcache from Github and tried to get a segfault. That was clearly
visible when I tried to access the Goals tab in the dashboard of one of
my websites. The page never got further than 'Loading data...' and my
Apache log showed a segfault.

So, if it was no known issue it is confirmed now.

Jan