Susan,

OpenLink has Progress ODBC drivers available.  The Multi-Tier Drivers
are available for many versions of Progress.
The Product Availability link will walk you through the selection
process for the components specific to your OS.

Regarding ODBC - for PHP to use an ODBC driver, you have to link PHP at
compile time to a Driver Manager.  This is used in conjunction with ODBC
drivers to affect your connection.  An open source iODBC Driver Manager
is available at www.iodbc.org, as well as a HOWTO on compiling PHP
--with-iodbc.

The iODBC Driver Manager is maintained by OpenLink, and supports the
ODBC 3.5 API and includes a GUI control panel on Mac OS X, Linux, and
many Unix platforms.   OpenLink's commercial drivers download with a
free non-expiring 2 user license.  Support is available at
http://www.openlinksw.com

Best regards,
Andrew Hill
Director of Technology Evangelism
OpenLink Software  http://www.openlinksw.com
Universal Data Access & Data Integration Technology Providers