I think that as far as you have the same version of MySQL on both servers, you can
simply copy the table files, otherwise you should use mysqldump or something like that
----- Original Message -----
From: "PHP Junkie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday 27 July 2001 ?. 5:21 PM
Subject: [PHP] Moving a PHP/MySQL web site ???

Hi <?PHPrEAks!?>

I will be having to face the dubious task of moving my PHP/MySQL-based website to
another server.  Can anyone out there point me to some "GOOD" documentation on this?
The .php files I'm not as concerned about.  I've been using the $DOCUMENT_ROOT in all
of my includes.  I'm more concerned about getting the MySQL databases ( actual files
??? ) moved over correctly.

I know this isn't a MySQL list, but I thought that enough of you out there work with
PHP/MySQL enough to get some good feedback.  I'd also like to hear feedback on just
your general experience with the process of moving from one web server over to
another.

Thanks all -- --

Gene Kelley
BizFlow Data Solutions
http://www.bizflowdata.net/

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the
convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/