I'm almost positive there's no reason the first should work while the
second fails...can you post what you've done...it's probably a typo...

jack

-----Original Message-----
From: BRACK [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2001 11:10 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Syntax

Hi,

I'm in a process of doing site with MySQL database, and most of
the code I plased in index.php3 (in one file) but I've got some
problems with statements:

I have:
if (isset(...)) {
elseif (isset(...)) {
elseif (isset(...)) {
else {

IT DOESNT WORK!

but when I do:

if (isset(...)):
elseif (isset(...)):
elseif (isset(...)):
else:
endif;

It works, please tell me what a difference? what do I do wrong that
firs variant doesn't work?

Yury