I have a server running SuSE Linux Pro V7.0 (with security patches) ,
Apache 1.3.19 , and PHP 3.0.17-dev. The database engine I am using is
MySQL 3.22.32 (not relevant for this problem though).

I am trying to get file uploads working to the server, I currently have
a page which is written in PHP to dynamically create a form complete
with file input field.
Form is set to "multipart/form-data" encoding type and is displayed OK
in the browser. The form has a valid php file included in the action
part of the form tag.
I have set the upload_tmp_dir variable in the php3.ini file to a valid
pathname with the relevant permissions set.

If I try to submit a file for upload using the form using Netscape I get

"Document contains no data". If I do the same in IE5.0 it just waits
forever.

Looking at the apache server error_log file I appear to be getting a
"Segmentation Fault (11)" each time I try and Post the contents of the
form to the server.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something I need to switch on

in either apache or PHP to support file upload?

I have tried looking at the file upload tutorial in the PHP manual and
it is the same as I am trying to implement, seems like my system isn't
happy somewhere...!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Martin